Monday 7 February 2011

All You Need is Love



Happy Tuesday Dear Followers ! Can you believe we are already into the second week of February? How time is flying by - I guess I must be getting old, or maybe it's because I'm having so much fun!

Today's card showcases the fabulous Piper stamp designed by one of Queen Kat Designs' new artists Myka Jelinka, isn't she a Doll?  This is my project for today's Dark Ink Sorority blog, but I also like to post on here for my own Followers to see.

As it's February, I thought I'd use Piper to create a Valentine's card, so coloured her in shades of red and grey using my Copics.

The background black and white hearts paper is from my stash and I recently found the paper heart shaped doillie at a craft show. The black swirl was cut using a Tim Holtz for Sizzix die, red heart cut with a Nellie's Choice die set and the white filligree heart with a Martha Stewart punch. The Love sentiment was cut with a Cuttlebug die and the butterflies created with a Nellie Snellen punch and Emboss set, with tiny red gems added for the bodies. I've had the red heart shaped gems in my stash for ages and they were a perfect finishing touch I think.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my project today, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the lovely new Piper image. If you'd like to have her for yourself, just visit the QKD Store and pop her into your cart - easy, peasy !  Thanks so much for dropping by today, it makes me so happy to see so many visitors and even happier when I have comments to read!

5 comments:

Debs M said...

she is gorgeous!

Kathyk said...

A veritable delight for Valentines day young Wynneth - for Mr Tom?

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh yes; I like very much. Love her wings. Fab card Wynneth. Lx

Annie said...

gorgeous Wynneth! a striking creation and perfect embellies for this image. thanks for a fun afternoon yesterday.
hugs, annie x

sallysbitz2 said...

Gorgeous card & perfect colour combo.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com