Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Playing with Pastels and Lavinias
I firstly created a mask by cutting an aperture using a nestie die and my Cuttlebug. I then used a mixture of colours of pastels to create a background scene through the scalloped aperture onto a blank card.
The Lavinia toadstool houses and small toadstools images were stamped using black chalk ink over the pastel background. I then tried a technique I'd seen in the latest issue of Craft Stamper. After stamping the images lightly, I used a black marker to roughly draw over the top to give it a hand drawn effect. The sentiment is by Stampin' Up! and again was stamped using black chalk ink. Finally I added touches of Stardust Stickles to give the design a little 'Fairy Dust' effect.
I do enjoy the challenge of creating a one layer card, and my new pastels are just perfect for this type of work.
Thanks for dropping by, I've more projects to share in the next few days.