Wednesday 30 May 2012

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I've a fun card to share with you today - it's my DT card for this week's challenge over on Cute Card Thursday.  Our theme this week is 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' and the prize sponsor is Simon Says Stamp.

I've had this great stamp in my stash for well over a year without ever putting ink to it - shock horror!!!  I bought it when I visited Viva Las Vegas Stamps on vacation last year, it was one of the stamps in my 'Pound of Rubber' - for just $10 it was great value.

The image is cut using a nestie die then I used Stormy Skies Distress Ink to create a sky effect, masking a few areas with cloud shaped pieces of paper.  I coloured the image with Promarkers and added some Glossy Accents on his sunnies, beachball and 'cool' surfboard, and on the windscreen and headlamps of his 'Automobile'.

I used a couple of sheets from the DCWV Pocketful of Posies pack for the background and a couple of bits of SU! cardstock to diecut the grass and seedheads with Marianne's dies.  I made the rosette from a strip of patterned paper and my Hougie Board, with a circle punched from white card and coloured with a Promarker to match the coloured image, added to the centre.

As you've probably guessed, this is for my Dad, I hope he'll like it.   



3 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Your Dad will love it Wynneth. I love the masking cloud idea and the use of glossy accents is perfect.
Katie x

Kathyk said...

Your dad is one cool dude so he's bound to love the card, matey!

Happy Thursday

Kathyk

Kathyk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.