Tuesday 3 July 2012

Dance to the Beat.......


Wednesday has rolled around again and that means another new challenge starting on the I Love Promarkers blog.  Our prize sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen and the theme is "Music".

For my DT card I've taken an 'off the wall' approach to the theme.  I had been puzzling for a couple of days as to which image and design to use for this challenge.  I woke up one morning and knew exactly which image I wanted, problem was it's one I've had since I first began rubber stamping a few years ago and it was buried deep in my stash.  I am sorry, I don't know the manufacturer but if anyone recognises it and can enlighten me, please do I hate not knowing who's stamp it is ! 

The sentiment was the first part of my design process, the phrase 'Dance to the Beat of the Music of Your Heart' kept going round in my mind, not at all sure where it came from, but hey... it fits my design ! 

I stamped the ballet shoes image on to smooth cream cardstock and coloured with my Promarkers before cutting out using an oval nestie.  I created the sentiment on my computer then turned the  background layer into a music theme by first brushing Old Paper Distress Ink all over a piece of white cardstock, then stamping musical notes randomly all over using the same DI and a set of HOTP small stamps.  I then used a Martha Stewart border punch to add a decorative edge to the bottom of this layer.  Finally I brushed a little Barn Door DI just around the edges of the layer and attached it over a slightly larger layer cut from SU! Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  The narrow ribbon is also from SU! and matches the cardstock perfectly.

The image was attached over a slightly larger scalloped oval mat, cut with a nestie, from more of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock.   The green background paper was a piece I found in my box of bits and I used a little of the same shade of green Promarker on the insole of the ballet shoe to tie the design together.   The pale green pearls were from my stash and just finished off the bottom edge.

Why not hop over to the ILPM blog to check out the fabulous projects from the rest of the Design Team.  Thanks for taking the time to visit my bloggie, it's lovely to see you !

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Beautiful card but I've had no luck tracking down the manufacturer either

Kathyk