Tuesday 21 May 2013

Happy New Home

Morning Folks.  Today's project is a New Home card I created to send to a lovely on-line crafting pal who finally moved into her new home after a long and stressful time spent waiting for all the necessary legal stuff to be completed.  I'm sure she's now settling in nicely and I hear that she will actually have a dedicated craftroom, how fabulous !

Here's the card I created to send to her



To create the background I used one of my current fave ways to use Distress Inks.  Applying the ink pad direct to the card and dragging, this creates a great effect which I love.  I used Mustard Seed and Mown Lawn, over stamping the border onto the green area with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I've used stamps I recently acquired from The Artistic Stamper, I love these quirky little houses and the sentiment was just perfect.  I love how the border stamp works well to create the impression of flowers in the garden.  I used Copics to add a few touches of colour to the houses, cut out the stamped design and attached to the background using foam pads.  After cutting around the sentiment layer, I dragged the Mown Lawn ink pad around the edges to soften them a little.

Hope you enjoyed your visit today, it's great to have your company for a few moments, let me know what you think of my creations, I love hearing how people feel about my work.  Have a Great Day, whatever you have planned.

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fab card and I'm sure the recipient (I'm assuming Debs here!) will LOVE it.

Have a good day matey

Kathyk

Unknown said...

A beautiful new home card and I hope your friends will be very happy in their new home.

Love the colour combination and the stamps.

Debs M said...

It's even more gorgeous in real life! Thank you for this lovely card Wynneth x

Lilian said...

Great card Wynneth. I thin I might try draging the distress inks and see what i come up with. I only have two though lol,Hugs
lilian

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous New Home card, love those houses.
luv
Debby

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh wow, I love the background -it's fabulous Wynneth.
I bet this was the cherry on the cake for your friend now that she finally made it to her new home.
Hugs,

Katie xx