Wednesday 11 September 2013

Stitched with Love for my Lil' Bruv

Welcome to Wednesday here on my little bit of Blogland, hope you're having a great day.

My Lil' Bruv isn't having too great a time of it right now and as I live quite far away from him, I wanted to make him a quilt so he could have a 'virtual' Big Sis hug when he needed one.  I had lots of 'jelly roll' size strips of brightly coloured fabrics in my stash, which I thought would make a smashing bright and colourful quilt.

I did share a sneak peek a few days ago as I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but now that I've given him the quilt I thought I'd share a full pic of it with you.


I think this should brighten up even the darkest day, don't you ?  My fabric stash is also a little smaller too, which is another great result.

Thanks for visiting to check out my project today, hope you enjoyed your visit.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

I should hope it would brighten the darkest day - get well wishes to your lil bruv

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's smashing and I know it will be much used and well loved. I bet he was chuffed to little bits. Lx

Debs M said...

this is fabulous! i'm sure it will brighten any day for him x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Fabric stash is a little smaller? Uh oh, time to re-stock! :) Lol
It's stunning Wynneth, I must try a Jelly Roll quilt once, they look so great, in a funky way. I bet your lil bro loved it and it's sure to brighten up those dull days. Hope he is ok and snuggles under his quilt for comfort.
Hugs, Katie x