Thursday 19 June 2014

Beside the Seaside

Don't Thursdays come around quickly, I can't believe it's a whole week since I was telling you we had a new challenge starting over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog, but here we are again with yet another challenge !  This week our challenge theme is 'Beside the Seaside' and our lovely prize sponsor is Whimsy Stamps.

Here's my DT card


This week my card is a little different as there is no stamping on it.  Now my Followers and regular readers will know just how much I love stamping and colouring, but occasionally it is nice to do something different.

I bought a gorgeous 8 x 8 paper pad at the Sincerely Yours show in Taunton a couple of week ago, it's by Craftwork Cards and called 'Harbour Boulevard'.  Each sheet is nice on it's own, but some have great elements to cut out and decoupage or work as elements in a design.

The background on my card is part of a sheet which has the lighthouse image on it.  The sheet was too large for my card, so I used part of it and cut out the lighthouse from the rest and attached it - can you see the join ? Ha Ha !.  I love the shell border around the edges and used the bit I cut off the bottom of the sheet to add another element on the bottom of the card.  I cut the beach hut from another sheet from the pack.  I used a little Distress Ink, applied with a brush to create a cloud effect on the background paper and distress the edges a little.

I used some Marianne's dies to cut out the wave layer, adding some DI and a little Frosted Lace Stickles on the crest of the wave to look like foam.  The sailing boat and seagull were also cut using Marianne's dies and then coloured using Promarkers.  The shells and anchor were cut with Marianne's dies and again coloured with Promarkers.  The fronds of coral were made using a Martha Stewart punch and a scrap of cardstock.

I layered up the wave and strip of shell paper, then attached the beach hut, anchor, shells and coral using Pin Flair Glue to add just a little extra dimension.  I also attached the sailing boat and seagull with Pin Flair.  Finally,  adding Glossy Accents on the anchor and the on the lighthouse glass, windows and door.

This was a really fun card to make, nice to pull all the different elements together to create a scene.

That's it from me today, hope you enjoyed seeing today's project and that you'll be back real soon.

Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Good morning Wynneth,
What a stunning card, I love it.
I am not a great stamper so this really appeals to me.
Have a great day

Patricia x

Kathyk said...

No stamping?! You rebel! FAB card though and beautifully co-ordinated

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! No wonder you had to have those papers; they're gorgeous! It's great to see you make a feature of them rather than have them fade into the background with a stamped image as the focus. I LOVE IT!!! Lx