Monday 14 September 2015

Happy 18th Harry !

Happy September 14th dear friends.  It's a super exciting day for my family as my eldest grandson is celebrating his 18th Birthday today.  I really can't believe that it's been eighteen years since the moment I was there when he took his first breath.  So just wanted to say "Happy Birthday Harry".

Here's the card I made for him




and a close up pic of the detail


I used an 8x8 scalloped edge base card and sprayed Dylusions Post Box Red and London Blue inks lightly over the centre of a slightly smaller square of white card.  I then over-stamped the largest image from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz 'Ledger Script' stamp set over the ink splats, using Memento Paris Dusk Ink.
 
Using Crealies bits and pieces stamp No 29 and Versamark I stamped a couple of times over the background and heat embossed with Detail Black embossing powder.  I sprinkled Shabby White Frantage embossing powder randomly over the design and heated from underneath.  I layered the background over a slightly larger piece of red cardstock.
 
Using a TCW jenni bowlin mini number stencil I applied Versamark ink through the '1' and '8' and heat embossed using the detail black embossing powder onto a scrap of white card.  I then layered it over a scrap of red card.
 
Finally I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the SU! Sassy Salutations stamp set onto another scrap of white card, again heat embossing with the detail black EP.  I then mounted this onto a scrap of red cardstock and attached to the background using foam pads.
 
Thank you so much for dropping by to check my project today, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Fab make and great for occasion - HAPPY 18th to your grandson

Kathyk