Monday 15 February 2016

A Crazy Little Bird Told Me


Happy Monday dear blogging friends, the start of a new week and I do hope it's going to be a good one for us all. 

I've just returned from visiting my son for a few days, so nice to spend time with him.  It also meant I had a chance to meet up with my crafting pal Lauren and to visit That's Crafty in Romford which was great fun  - and there were a few goodies which just had to come home with me oopsie !

Good to be home with my stash once again though and I have a number of ideas for new projects buzzing around in my head - and a few new items in my stash to play with !

Now onto the project I'm sharing with you today.  Another of our pals had a birthday in January and this is the card I made for him.



The Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps and dies are just perfect for creating a male card I think, I also used the Crazy Things stamps and dies for the different elements and the Crazy Talk stamps for the sentiments. 

I coloured the images using Distress Inks and ProMarkers and added Glossy Accents on the hat band and spectacles. 

The background was created using two stamps from the Stampers Anonymous Slight Alterations set, plus the dots stamp from the SU! Endless Birthday Wishes set, all stamped using DIs.

I hope you enjoyed today's project, thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's a fab card, your bird looks super cool and beautifully coloured..... rather loving those dots too!

Lovely to see you both yesterday, thanks for making the stop

Kathyk

Debs M said...

love this card, sure the recipient did too x

lilian said...

What a lovely card, I just love those birds and I do not use them enough. Great background'

Lilian

Ela said...

Oh my god, I love him. He's Mr. Cool!
Hugs
Ela

Sandy said...

How do you make all of these delightful cards and this one is soooooo cool!
Sandy xx

lilian said...

Love those birds. I do not use them enough.
Great male card.

Lilian

Craftyrose said...

Love these crazy birds and what you have done with the stamps. I have stamped and coloured a few myself....just need to find the time to make them in to a card. xx