Wednesday 10 August 2016

Purple Birthday

Today's project is one of the cards I made recently using up some backgrounds, toppers and elements I'd created a while back whilst playing with inks, paints, stamps and stencils.

I loved this panel when I'd finished it but wasn't exactly sure how I wanted to turn it into a card.  I added it over a slightly larger layer of black card then tied around some twine and attached a flower embellishment.  I decided not to add a sentiment to the front so that the card would work for many different occasions.


Materials and tools used :

Distress Inks - Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Blue Print Sketch
Rebecca Baer 'Secret Garden' stencil
Penny Black Slapstick Cling stamp 'Full Bloom'
Black Archival ink
Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel applied through a Stampers Anonymous stencil
Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal the DIs
Black cardstock
Lilac cotton twine
SU! 'Flower Shop' stamp set and matching punch for the flower embellishment

Here's a close up shot of the GBGG


I hope you've enjoyed seeing today's project, thanks so much for visiting my little piece of Blogland, I do appreciate each and everyone of you, particularly those of you who take the time to leave me a comment.  I'm always thrilled to see I have comments on my posts to read and publish. 

Hope to see you here again soon when I share more of my makes.

Hugs, Wynneth x




3 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I can see why you loved that panel Wynneth, it's a real corker! I often find that I make panels I am pleased with and then don't know what to do with them, so they just sit in my drawer in an ever expanding pile! I love what you did with yours! Have a great day my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Kathyk said...

It turned out splendidly and looks great matted on the black too

Kathyk

lilian said...

great card Wynneth. Love the panel the colour is striking

Lilian