Sunday 19 February 2017

Cone Flower in Yellow and Blue

Today I've decided to share with you a card I made a while ago, the pic has been sitting there waiting for me to get back into posting on my blog more regularly so I thought it was time to bring it into the spotlight.
I was playing with Paper Artsy Dylusions powder pigments and first stamped this gorgeous Cone Flower image from the Stampers Anonymous Flower Garden stamp set.  I used Versamark ink and white embossing powder.  I then used a small amount of 'Golden Sands' Infusion, mixing the crystals with a little water to create a background wash on a piece of water colour paper.  Once dry I mixed a stronger solution from 'Royal Blood' Infusions and painted the flower heads and stems.  I then splattered more of the paint over the background using a paint brush.

I used SU! 'Night of Navy' ink to drag round edges of the painted panel and to stamp the frame and sentiment from the Rubbernecker 'Freehand Phrase #900' stamp set on a scrap of plain watercolour paper, which I attached over the background.  I then mounted the panel onto a piece of cream card and then another of navy before attaching to the base card.

I love how this card turned out, hope you do too.  Thanks for dropping by I hope you'll call back again.

Hugs
Wynneth
x

13 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That is just beautiful Wynneth! Love the 'treatment' you gave the background and those gorgeous blooms! Just beautiful! I hope you had a lovely weekend and that you have a good week coming up! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Clare Lloyd said...

It's a gorgeous card

Kathyk said...

It's fundabbydozy missus, so lovely to see a post from you in my reading list too. Hoe you've had a great weekend

Kathyk

Debs M said...

wow looks great x

Sarn said...

What a fabulous card Wynneth. Love that cone flower stamp.

Popped over from KathyK's blog to wish you a Happy Birthday x

lilian said...

Great card Wynneth,

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

How did I miss this little beauty? Stunning work Wynne th. Wow! LX

Ela said...

Hi Wynneth,

this is so beautiful, I really like the contrast.

Hugs
Ela

Mrs A. said...

What a beautiful stamp this is and you have done it full justice. I love the blue colour with the embossed white. Hugs Mrs A.

Fe-Fe said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colours.

Joyce said...

Such a pretty cards. Love the frame around your sentiment. Really makes it stand out.

Lisa Resnick said...

wow!!! beautiful cards!!! I loooove them!! hope your little one is feeling much better, take care :) x
remove background

Babs said...

BeUtiful make love the stamp..
Babs x