Monday 6 July 2009

Kindred Spirits

My DH and I recently celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary and this is the card I made for him to demonstrate my enduring love for him. The image is from Stamping Up stamped on ivory card, which was sent to me as part of a SU sample pack I purchased. I coloured the image using Distress Inks and water brush, I then used one of my nestabilities deckle edge dies to cut the top layer, then layered this on top of a rectangle of plain blue card from my stash. The DP is from Basic Grey and the sentiment came from a sheet of Hero Arts - Anyone Can Stamp range, which I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I felt it was a much more subtle message than a regular 40th Anniversary sentiment and I was very pleased with the final result (and DH loved it!)

3 comments:

M&M Prodigy said...

I am just wondering, how did you get that background for your blog? HTML?

My name is Wynneth said...

Hi M&M Prodigy - if you look at the top lefthand corner of my blog main page, there is a link to the site where I got my free background - hope you find something there you like :0)

dragon said...

Fantastic card Wynneth, and I do love the black sentiment you have added..
I can't see the card with the very lucky charm you bought from me but I will have a good look on my return on tuesday...

Lynn xx