Tuesday 9 March 2010

Lovely in Lime and Pink

Come on in!  It's great to have you here today and I hope you enjoy your visit !  Every wednesday I spotlight one of my projects on the Queen Kat Designs Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog, but I also like to share the project on here with my regular visitors.  The WIS Blog is always worth a visit as a member of the DT post up amazing projects to inspire you every day, Wednesday is my day.

For the whole of this month I am designing my projects using the fabulous March Monthly WIS Kit from Queen Kat Designs.  I just love this kit, the main image is so beautiful and the butterfly stamp and mixture of sentiments is just so useful for many occasions.

Today I decided to work with a citrusy/icecreamy/Spring like pallet of colours.  This lovely background paper comes from the Papermania 6x6 'Honey & Hugs' paper pad and I just love these yummy colours and designs, so fresh and 'clean' looking.

I coloured the image with Copics and ProMarkers and added lots of clear Spica glitter pen to her hair and tail.  I think the pink shades work so well with the lime greens on her tail and she looks amazing with her pale lime green hair!

I have had this length of lime and pink ribbon in my stash for quite some time, just waiting for the perfect project to use it on - well this one just called out for it to be added! 

I cut out the flowers with a spellbinders shapeabilities flower die from a scrap of pink floral paper from the same pad and just left the centres of each one open rather than adding brads or beads, as I liked the effect of the hole in the middle.  I stamped up another of the sentiments from the Kit in pink chalk ink, punched it out with a round punch and dragged the same ink pad around the edges.

Thank you so much for visiting today and allowing me to share my project with you, I would be so happy if you left me feedback, I love reading your comments.  Do join me again next Wednesday either here or on the WIS Blog as I shall have another project to share with you.
hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hi Wynneth. What a scrummy colour combo and you're right; those butterfly wings are just beautiful. Lauren x

2amscrapper said...

I love this color combo. Your card is just beautiful.

Junie said...

Hi Wynneth !!!! LOVING the colour combo !!! I ADORE that ribbon it is sooooooooooo funky !!!! HOPING ALL WELL hugs !!!!

Debs M said...

Another gorgeous card!! love the colours and your colouring of course!! this kit is winging its way towards me even though i haven't inked up the other one yet :) x

Clare Lloyd said...

great colours, another lovely card! X