Tuesday 18 May 2010

Green Soleil

I know my vacation is well and truly over now as it is wednesday already and that means it's Whimsical Ink Sorority spotlight time!  Regular visitors to my blog will know that every week I spotlight one of my projects on the WIS blog, which I also share on here.

For my project this week I decided to use the delightful Soleil - this stunning new girl was just released by Queen Kat Designs for May and she is just stunning and now available in rubba - Yay!

The DT projects for the blog hops this week have used a monochrome theme, so I thought I'd continue the theme for my card.  I love these grey/green shades of ProMarkers and they toned perfectly with this lovely paper I had in my stash and also with the luscious wide satin ribbon. 

I covered a square card with the paper then cut an aperture in the front with a spellbinders shapeability die, adding the cut out medallion to the inside of the card as a backdrop for Soleil.  I coloured her with Copics and ProMarkers then cut her out and attached in front of the aperture.  A punched flower and a few pale green gems added the final touches.




I hope you've enjoyed your visit today as much as I enjoyed creating my project to share with you.  This is my first creation since returning from my vacation, I was so thrilled to be able to meet up with Queen Kat herself - Vicki - in Utah, I now have lots of new QKD stamps to play with.  Here's a piccie of our meeting , it was such a fun day!  If you look carefully you might just spot 'Sierra Grannie' in the front of the car!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you'll come back soon.

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Georgie Hughes said...

Morning Wynneth, nice to see you back, lovely card and what a gorgeous colour scheme.
GeorgieX

Kathyk said...

Fab card, lush new stamp and it looks like you had a great time meeting up with the Queen herself!
Kathyk

Jayne Hayward said...

Great card. Love the colours and the image you have used. I bet you were both pleased to meet up especially living so far away.

Jayne xx

Annie said...

gorgeous card Wynneth and I loved it in real life even more!
hugs, annie x