Sunday 31 October 2010

I'm Back - How Time Flies!!!


Hi Folks!  Did ya miss me?  Of course you didn't!  I left a few projects programmed in whilst I was away for three weeks in sunny Florida so you'd all have something to see when you visited and you probably didn't realise I was away on my holidays.  I do hope you've enjoyed them all and thanks so much to the kind readers who've left me such lovely comments.

Today's card is one I made while in Florida.  My lovely crafting buddy Kathy and her hubby were there at the same time and we managed to squeeze in a few crafting shopping trips and some lovely crafting time together.  Kathy borrowed an extra table from her neighbour so we had somewhere to work and we just had a ball.  I used the 'post-it' technique, the one where you mask off a lot of the base card with post-its leaving the shape you want exposed.  Then using Distress Inks, ink up the exposed area before removing the post-its to reveal a lovely crisp-edged block of colour.  I used one of the the stamps from the 'Time Flies' set of stamps by Recollects which I bought on holiday to stamp over the coloured panel with black Memento ink.  I overstamped with a Hampton Arts glue pad and added Glamour Dust glitter for added 'bling'.  All the stamps in the set are yummy and I'm sure you'll get to see all of them on future projects before too long.

Here's another couple of cards I made whilst at Kathy's using the same technique and a couple of stamps from Inkadinkado which I also bought there.  The trellis edging was created with a Martha Stewart punch bought for a bargain price in Michaels.  The Inkadinkado stamp sets were a bargain at $12.99 for a pack of two sheets of stamps, far too much of a bargain not to get them!

The final card I'm sharing with you today was also made when I was at Kathy's as my entry for the Craft Mad and Loving It sketchie challenge a couple of weeks ago.  The image is by Swanky Stamps under their 'Cat's Pajamas' label. 

I had vowed not to buy any new Christmas stamps this year as I already have so many in my stash, however I just couldn't resist these lovelies!  The fancy edging was created using an 'all round the page' set of Martha Stewart punches which once again I got in Michaels for a fantastic price.  Such a pity they weigh so much, I could only fit a couple into my suitcase. 

I'll share a few of my holiday snaps over the next few days, don't want to bore you so will just pick out the hightlights!

Thanks for dropping by today I missed you all - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

There's a bit of a blank space at my table of craftiness since your departure Wynneth, it was loadsa fun having you here to craft with and your cards are awesome - even though I was lucky enough to see them before everyone else!!

Kathyk

Lia said...

hi wynneth,
glad to see you're back I miss you
hugs Lia

Annie said...

These are fabulous creations Wynneth! I'll see them again in detail this afternoon!
hugs, annie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well its good to see you weren't resting on your laurels Wynneth. These are absolutely scrumptious. I LOVE that bird. He's fab! Gorgeous MS punched border too. What a good job you had the foresight to snaffle that little beauty. Its good to have you back. I'm so looking forward to seeing lots of craftiness in the coming weeks. Lx

Unknown said...

Of course we missed you - even though we did have something nice to look at while you were away.

Love all those stamps and the cards you have made with them are gorgeous.

Anita said...

Very pretty cards. It's good to have you back!