Monday 4 October 2010

Wynneth' WIS Kit Challenge week 1 - sketch

Well, it's the first tuesday in October and time for the weekly Queen Kat Designs blog hop.  Each week I post my project on the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog as part of the Hop, as well as on here.


I'm doing my WIS projects a little differently this month, the rest of the DT are using the new October release stamps, but I thought I would focus on last month's WIS Kit and I've challenged myself to create a different project for every week during October, using only the stamps from the kit, following sketches and themes as best I can. Every week there'll be different techniques and styles which I hope will provide inspiration for just how versatile these WIS kits can be.

I decided to create a half-easel card for a change and coloured the main image from the kit with Copics and Promarkers. Isn't she just gorgeous? There's Glossy Accents on the bubbles, sea urchins, jellyfish and gate and a little Spica Glitter Pen on her tail and hair for extra bling. The sentiment, sea urchins and background swirls are also stamps from the kit and I attached a second set of urchins with silicone glue to act as the 'stop' for the easel.

Nice to have you visiting today, if you would like to do the QKD Hop just start here and follow the links - have fun!

Til next Tuesday when I'll have my second WIS kit creation to share with you - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful card wynneth
hugs lia

Kathyk said...

Never thought of a half easel - a cunning plan Stamping Grandma!!! FABBeroony

Kathyk

Junie said...

STUNNING card Wynneth !!! Hope all is well with you !!!

Annie said...

a fabulous card Wynneth and I'd like to see this one in real life!
hugs, annie x