Friday, 22 July 2011
Fairy 'Nuff !!
I've been playing with some of my new stamps and today's project is my first effort. I can see how I could have done it all so much better, but I am reasonably happy with the finished result, what do you think? Practice, practice, practice is called for I feel.
I started with a piece of cream cardstock the same size as my square base card, used Antique Linen Distress Ink all over then used it to stamp some of the lovely lantern flowers (that's what I call them anyway, I don't know what the actual name is !) to create a pale background design. I then used Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp the fairy image, the stars scattered around the background and the tiny toadstools and grasses at the bottom. I also used the RC ink to distress the edges. There is clear Spica Glitter Pen on the flower head on her staff and her wings, but Spica never shows up well on photographs - IRL they are quite sparkly.
I hope to have more Lavinia projects to share with you at a later date.
Thanks for stopping by today.