Sunday 16 October 2011

Holiday Blankie and Multicolour Cardi

Sorry for being MIA for much of the past 5 weeks, as you may have guessed, I've been away on a lovely long vacation in Florida, with hardly any internet access - Yikes !!

I don't think I've ever gone so long without doing some cardmaking, but fear not, I did do some crafting...  I can't rest with idle hands, so had to find a little alternate crafting to be getting on with.  So I knitted a blanket (which was really useful on the flight home I can tell you as they seem to keep the atmosphere in aircraft at a much lower temperature these days - must be to save fuel !)  and finished off a cardigan I had just started before leaving home.  The cardi is knitted from that clever yarn which works it's way into stripes as you knit.  In fact, I saw the yarn first and knew I wanted to make something with it, and found this pattern.


They were fun to make, but I have missed my craft stash so much.  I'm hoping to get my Mojo polished up and start creating tomorrow.  Watch this space....,. 

BTW I did do a little (?) craft shopping while across the pond, I'll share piccies of my new goodies tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Your knitting projects look lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of the huge amounts of stash you bought after I left matey! - I simply KNOW that Wynneth made you do it!!!

Kathyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow, you certainly have been super busy Wynneth, these are fab and how cool is that yarn? Your blanket is beautiful, I just bought a crochet blanket pattern and yarn to try one myself. I just need to find some time first.
Have a great week, hope you find time to papercraft!
Hugs, Katie xx

Unknown said...

Welcome home Wynneth - look forward to catching up with you soon. Lovely knitted garments - I think my mum knitted a couple of those blankets for my children when they were younger. Cardi looks gorgeous.

Just a few new items to show me when I come round then?

Lorraine said...

Oh, these are super Wynneth. I love the way that cardi works. It's gorgeous.

Annie said...

a pretty colour for your blankie, but that cardi is just amazing!
welcome home!
hugs, annie x