Wednesday 19 October 2011

My Baby Boy is 40 !! - Happy Birthday Son


I just can't believe that my Son is 40 years old, where did the time go ?  I'm sure I'll hear the groan from here when he opens his card - Motherrrrr.... !  Not sure it will be out on display in his house though !!!

Planning the design for his card I was originally thinking masculine (sporty. techie etc) then when I looked through this cute monster stamp set, I just knew I wanted to use a couple of them for his card.  This just reminds me so much of when he was little, and I think the teeny monster is such a cutie.

The stamp set is by Recollections -  Michaels Stores' own brand in the USA.  I coloured the image with Promarkers and added touches of Glossy Accents to his boots and all the monters' eyeballs for dimension.

It's a real CAS style as he's not fond of 'fussy stuff'' - just punched the bottom edge of the image layer with an EK Success border punch, then layered it over a piece of 'Not Quite Navy' SU! cardstock with the bottom edge punched to match.

Hope today's creation made you smile - if so, that makes me happy !!!

As promised, here are a couple more of my Florida piccies.  We seemed to be on the direct flightpath of the hot air balloon rides as most mornings around 6.30 - 7am there was at least one balloon passing by.  I just had to take a few piccies as it was all so serene, they were close enough that we could hear the roar of the jets as they inflated the balloons to rise above the trees but apart from that, there was hardly a sound.   Lovely to observe from the ground, but I'm afraid I am not at all tempted to take a ride up there myself !  There'll be a few more piccies later.



5 comments:

Deb said...

gorgeous card, love the image! Happy Birthday to your son!
your holiday pics are fab!
have a great day, Debxx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Happy 40th baby boy! Wow, I bet it only seems like yesterday he was a little monster like that! Your CAS style card sounds like it's the perfect card for him and I just adore your colouring as always. I hope he has a wonderful day, big hugs...Katie x

Debs M said...

love those monsters! great card and some lovely pictures x

Annie said...

fabulous card Wynneth, but he can't be that old! now a hot air balloon ride is something I would love to do!
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

Those monsters are just such a fab set, aren't they? I'm sure your own "little monster" loved his card and enjoyed his birthday too

Kathyk