Tuesday 22 November 2011

Have an Elfy Christmas !

We've got an 'Anything Goes' theme for this week's challenge over on I Love Promarkers and our prize sponsor is Digi Doodle Shop.

I chose this cute 'Elf with Gifts' image from DDS for my card - yes another christmas card I'm afraid !  The image was coloured with Promarkers before cutting out using a nestie die.  I used a piece of magazine freebie paper to cut a larger layer for under the image. 

The mistletoe sprigs were cut using a Marianne's die and I used a regular office punch and a scrap of white card to create the white berries.  Then I added Glossy Accents to the berries to give them some dimension. 

The sentiment is from Magnolia and there's Stardust Stickles around the edge and also around the image layer to give the card a little sparkle.

A simple design, but I think this cute little chap deserves centre stage without too many embellies drawing the eye away from him. 

Hope you're own Christmas card production is going well and thanks for taking the time to drop by to see my project today.

5 comments:

Junie said...

Morning Wynneth
Trying so hard to catch up with things at the moment, chasing my tail I think LOL !!! I hope you are well my friend
Love your card it is FAB, that little elf is so cute !!! beautiful colouring as always my friend !!!

Kathyk said...

I know what you mean about "another Christmas card" - it's all I seem to be able to make at this time of year too!!

It IS a lovely card too and that image IS really cute.

Happy Wednesday matey

Kathyk

Jayne Hayward said...

Such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Love the mistletoe you have created too.

Jayne xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is such a sweet card, just perfect for a little one Wynneth.
Feeling very festive more and more each day now!
Katie xx

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth, he's a cutie, and love the trad red and green you have used - fab festive card!
hugs, annie x