Sunday 29 January 2012

Life is a Journey......



I'm cardmaking a little again now and getting back into the swing of things a bit more.  I'm still not able to use my Cuttlebug and most of my punches, but I'm sure it won't be long before I will be getting back to normal.  Off to see my surgeon tomorrow so hoping he'll be pleased with my recovery so far and gives me the 'all clear' to push myself a little harder.

I've really missed entering the Less is More weekly challenges and as I needed to create a birthday card for a male pal, I thought it would be a great opportunity to try to make the card fit the challenge theme for this week, which is a sketch. 

I used three stamps from a little set which came free with a magazine recently, stamped with Momento and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (sadly the shine doesn't show up on the piccie).  I created the vertical layer using Antique Linen and Bundled Sage Distress Inks, applied using stipple brushes.  I also added just a touch of the Bundled Sage DI around the edges of the base card to distress them very slightly. 

That's it, simple but I am reasonably pleased with the final result.

Thanks for dropping by to see today's project.

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hi Wynneth, I'm so glad you're gradually getting there!
Great card for a chap!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marlena M. said...

I love your images! Awesome card, Wynneth. Your Tilly is a doll, by the way. We have a loveable Shih-Tzu, Chewie...and he looks a lot like her, but black and white.

Kathyk said...

Adorable card - lovely images Wynneth

Kathyk

Debs M said...

wow looks fantastic x

Sarina said...

Fantastic card!.
Grts,
Sarina

lbwright22-loopylou said...

I just love this card- the images and the composition are perfect. Glad you are starting to feel a bit better. Best wishes for your appointment this week x

Mandi said...

I was literally wonderng how you were today! Sorry meant to drop you a line
Good to see you
super card, you go careful now
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

I knew you'd been missing for a while. Hope you're on the mend and can get back to all your crafting!! Great card....you haven't lost you touch!

Lilian said...

Lovely card Wynneth. I bet it felt good to be card making again. Hope your surgeon is pleased with you. Lilian x

Aileen said...

Super take on the challenge and a great male card. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabby! Love it. Lx