Wednesday 13 June 2012

Punch Drunk !

Thursday has rolled around sooo quickly this week, I guess part of the reason may be that I've had a lovely crafting pal Kathy visiting for the past three days.  We squeezed in a little stash shopping at a couple of my local shops, managing to find a couple of 'got to have' items each.  We also played with our latest new toys - Pan Pastels - we are both loving them and had great fun trying out different techniques with them.  I'll have projects to share with you at a later date which were created using the PPs.

Anyway I digress, as it IS thursday there's a new Cute Card Thursday Challenge starting today and the theme this week is 'Punch Drunk'.  We'd love to see your entries and ask you to use punched elements in your design. 

Our prize sponsor for this challenge is Whiff of Joy Stamps and I had intended to use a WoJ stamp on my DT card, but as my craftroom still looks like an A Bomb went off in there, I couldn't actually get to my stock of WoJ stamps without wearing a hard hat and erecting scaffolding !

Instead I decided to use this cute image from a set of stamps by Docrafts from their 'Wellington' range, which I acquired recently but hadn't inked up so far.  I've kept the design fairly clean and simple (CAS) and used a Martha Stewart lacy border punch and a Nellie Snellen punch and emboss flower punch set.

The Hero Arts sentiment was cut out using a Stamping Up! punch.  I coloured the image with my Copic pens and used a sheet of background paper from a Papermania 6x6 pack, the flowers were punched from another design in this pack.  The only other materials used were some scraps of SU! cardstock and PinFlair glue.

I managed to use a few different punches in my design - it's now over to you to see what you can do with your own punches - have fun !

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A really sweet image and you've used my favourite colour - it's another beautiful card.

Sounds as if you have had great crafting fun with your pal.

Kathyk said...

Fab project, great colouring and lovely use of punches.

I am happy to confirm that it really DOES look like a bomb went off in the craft room!

Happy Thursday matey and thanks for your company over the last few days - back to crafting on my own once more!

Kathyk

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Debs M said...

great card and i love that stamp!! x

Myrna said...

Hi Wynneth!
Your image is adorable! I love the soft blue that you used. Super card!

Sarn said...

Popped over to see you from KathyK's blog.

I simply adore this image and the lovely card you've made with it.

Fab colouring and punched accessories. xxx