Friday 11 January 2013

'O' s and 'X's....

Morning Peeps !  Hope it's not too cold in your neck of the woods, guess here in the UK most of us are battening down the hatches in readiness for the snow and ice that is forecast to arrive within days :o(

It was the birthday of one of our male friends yesterday and I made this card for him.  I followed the January theme over on the Craftbubble Craft Mad and Loving It Group, which is' Noughts and Crosses'.

 
I used a kraft base card and a selection of stamps from Queen Kat Designs.  I'd forgotten I had the Bingo card stamp in my stash and found it again whilst hunting out some other stamps I wanted to use. 
 
I love the 'coffee stain' and stamped this with Rich Cocoa Memento ink randomly over the the base card before adding the other elements.  The Bingo card and sentiment was stamped with the same Memento ink on to SU! Crumbcake cardstock, then layered over a piece of Early Espresso card.  I cut the X's and O's from the EE card using a set of Memory Box alphabet dies. 
 
The 'Life' tickets were among the bits and pieces I have in my box of SmashBook stuff and was perfect for the card theme.  Finally, I added Glossy Accents on the BINGO lettering to give them dimension, but it isn't showing up well on the pic.
 

I'll be seeing our pal on saturday when we go out for dinner to celebrate both his birthday and another pal's so he'll be getting my card then, hope he likes it !

Thanks for dropping by to check out today's project.  I've got a 'special' birthday card and a handmade smash-type book I made recently to share with you tomorrow, do call by again to check them out.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing card matey, very creative - your friend will love it

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Unknown said...

I'm sure he'll like it, it's just perfect for a man. It's amazing what stamps you come across while looking for something else.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Loving the coffee stain! I don't know what I'd do without my "Rich Cocoa" ink pad, it must be my all time fave!
Katie x