Sunday 24 February 2013

Have a Hoot of a Birthday !

Good Morning Bloggers, hope you are doing OK.

The project I'm sharing with you today is a 40th Birthday card I made for a family member. 



This cute owl was in a set of magazine freebie stamps which were produced by Woodware.  I stamped him on to patterned paper and again onto some plain cardstock before cutting out the different parts and building the finished design.   The background embossed layer was created with a Crafts Concepts embossing folder.

The fern fronds were cut using a Memory Box die and the sentiment from the stamp set was stamped onto a circle of cardstock cut with a Stampin'Up! punch.  The numbers were cut using a Memory Box alphabet die set and I added Glossy Accents on to them to give some dimension.  I also added GA to the owl's eyes.

The button was in my stash and I tied a length of twine through the holes before attaching.  The green leaf shaped gem had been in my box of gems for some time and was a perfect finishing touch. 

Not too many friperies and no flowers on this design as it was created for a man, hope he's going to like it.

Til next time........

7 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is fabulous love al the different textures Ginny x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful, sweet owl card.
luv
Debby

Karen K said...

Gorgeous Wynneth. I love it.

K x

Sharon said...

This looks fab Wynneth. Love what you've done with the owl.x

Lilian said...

Lovely card Wynneth. Love owls.
Hope your cold is a lot better. Hugs
lilian

Andrea, said...

Fab card love the owl and all the different textures you have added to the card

Digi Darla said...

So cute and adorable card great job...

Kim