Wednesday 20 November 2013

Using Designer Paper in a CAS Way !

We're back to dark, dull and damp weather here in my bit of Cornwall today - hmph !  I do so hate these dark days of November, find them sooo depressing and with such bad light it makes it more difficult to see to colour images well.  I'm generally a 'warm soul' but it seems that the dampness seeps right into me when it's also cold and makes me feel pretty bleugh !  Anyway, enough of my moaning, I'm sure that the sun is shining somewhere and making everyone feel happy.

Today I'm sharing with you a card I made to enter this week's Simply Less is More Challenge.  We are asked this week to use Designer Paper in a CAS way.  Here's my creation


I used one of the dies from the SU! Framelets Holiday Ornaments set and a scrap of SU! Christmas patterned paper.  This is one of those 'happy accidents' that happen as I did cut out the bauble from the other side of this yummy paper which was green and cream.  However, when I turned it over I loved how the lacy pattern was perfectly placed on the shape so decided to use the brown and cream  side as I love the combination with the red ink of the sentiment. 

The sentiment is from Clarity Stamps and I used SU! Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp it direct onto the base card. 

I found a little scrap of tiny ric rac ribbon in my stash, attached a short length to the top of the bauble and a longer length hanging down from the top of the card to look like the bauble is suspended.

The final touch was to add a little Stardust Stickles - I used this rather than another colour as it's translucent and doesn't hide the pattern on the paper but gives a little added sparkle - well it is a Christmas Bauble !

As I've been busy making a couple of batches of cards this morning, one of the designs fits right in with this theme, so I'll be sharing that project with you another day and if I'm in time, will enter a second card for this week's challenge. 

Have a wonderful crafty day !

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great ornament Wynneth!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Beverley said...

Beautiful & so elegant. Hugs Bev x

Kathyk said...

What a perfectly splendid way to make up a batch AND enter a challenge! Lovely CAS card matey

Kathyk

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fantastic bauble Wynneth!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Diane said...

Really lovely ornament card.

Hugs Diane