Thursday 29 May 2014

Something Old, Something New, Nothing Borrowed, Something Blue....

Morning Bloggers - I bet you're thinking my Blog Posts are like Number 33 Buses, don't see one for ages, then two come along at once Ha Ha !

Well, today I'm sharing with you the first card I've created in about two months, I can't believe it's been that long since I made one, where did the time fly to ?  If you've read yesterday's missive then I guess you'll know that I've been away from my crafting stash for quite some time.  It was so nice to be reunited with it and get busy again.

This is my DT card for this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge which has the theme 'Blues and Hues'.  This week our lovely prize Sponsor is The Stamping Boutique.



I thought I'd try something new for this card and dug out the chalk pencils I'd bought but not had time to play with - just to challenge myself a bit as it's been a while since I've used pencils to colour with rather than pens.  It's the first time I've use chalk pencils as I generally use Polychromos or Prismacolour, I think I need to practice more, but it was good to try something new. 

The cute Lili of the Valley stamp is the 'Old' in my post heading, I haven't inked up this lovely in waaay too long.  I've had the plain oval and scalloped oval nesties almost as long as I've been card making and I created the rose embellishments using silicone moulds and air dry clay and finally coloured using ProMarkers, all of which have been in my stash for a long time.

As for the 'New' in my design, I used a Tattered Lace rose die which was a free gift with a new TL magazine and the papers were magazine freebies only recently acquired.  The postcard images were stamped using a set of stamps from Little Claire. which I recently bought, so are also new.   The tiny heart garland die cut was made using a Penny Black die, which is also a new item in my stash.

Final touches were some Stardust Stickles added to parcels, headband and her 'deeley Boppers' and just a little Platinum Stickles on the roses.  I used a Waco Pearlmaker Pen to add some texture to the image layer and create a few faux pearls on the background.

Do check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT over on the CCT Blog if you have the time, well worth a visit for some great inspiration.

Thanks for taking to the time to check out my project today, once again apologies for the lack of posts from me in the past few weeks.  Hope you've enjoyed your visit and do come back real soon !

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

OoooOOOOoooh...bluuuuuuue....my FAVOURITE colour ;oD What a lovely card Wynneth (well worth the wait if I may say so). So very cute! Lx

Patricia said...

Love, love, love, this beautiful card.
Great image, pretty papers and design.

Patricia x

Unknown said...

It's great to see you're crafting again and this card is beautiful -looking forward to seeing lots more.

Sharon said...

Fab card Wynneth , such lovely colours xx