Thursday 2 October 2014

Spots and Dots

Welcome to Stamping Grandma's little crafting space, are you having a great day ?  I really hope so wherever in the world you are.

This week's challenge over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog has 'Spots and Dots' as the theme and our prize sponsor is Bunny Zoe Crafts for this challenge.

I'm trying to get ahead with my Christmas cardmaking for this year - the festive season is actually scarily close already. So apologies in advance, but there are likely to be quite a few on here over the next week or so ! 

Today's DT card is one of the Christmas designs for this year, I made a small batch of them - I find it easier to batch make each design. 

My take on the 'Spots and Dots' theme was to use the fabulous snowfall embossing folder by Sheena Douglas - I bought this one and a couple of others in the Christmas set, from Crafters' Companion recently.

Another new item in my stash that I used on this card is the Sizzix stamp and matching die set I bought recently in the Sizzix Sale.  It was too much of a bargain to miss (even though I had vowed NOT to buy any more Christmas stamps, dies, embossing folders, papers etc this year as I have a huge Christmas themed stash - I failed miserably, of course !)

I stamped the Snowman Snowglobe image using Black Archival ink, and cut it out using the matching die.  I then ran just the globe part of the image through the snowfall embossing folder, leaving the base un-embossed.  I then coloured the base of the globe using my ProMarkers.

The sentiment and snowflake are from the same stamp set and were cut out using the matching dies.  I then attached the various elements to the card front and finally added a touch of Stardust Stickles over the snowman.  He's such a happy looking chap standing there in his snowglobe, I'm sure he'll put a smile on the face of those who receive one of these cards from me.

Thanks for dropping by to see today's project, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  The creations from the rest of the DT and full details of this week's challenge can be found on the CCT Blog - enjoy !

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Brilliant Christmas Card, loving the effect from your folder.
Cute Snowman and a very effective design
Have a good day

Patricia x