Sunday 16 January 2011

A new direction............


For me that is, as I've never tried Scrapbooking before.  My crafty pal Kathy recently talked me into joining a scrapbooking challenge forum on Craftbubble and prompted me to do my very first layout. 

There was a recipe to follow, which I managed - almost!  The photographs I used are copies of very old ones and all but the one of my Mom and me on the right were included in a book written about the small town I grew up in - Bridgtown, Staffordshire.  I was so surprised to see the picture of my Great Grandma, Grandma, Great Aunt and my Mom as a child when I read the book and also the other two in which I put a small appearance.

Being predominently a card maker and paper crafter, facing a blank 12 x 12 sheet of paper and deciding how to fill it was really quite scary !  However, I just had to take a deep breath and dive right in.  I think it's too fussy and I can already see how to improve it, but hey I've made a start at least and will learn from my mistakes. 

I hope you like it and who knows, this could be the start of something big for me !!

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Pretty brave tackling a 12" x 12" first off - I'm only just now moving up to the "big girls" scrap book from 8½" x 11" format!!! It's super - loving the great vintage feel and you look adorable - everyone say ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great you joined S.A. - hope you'll do it again......soon

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....On that one Kathy!
Weldone on your first LO Wynneth it is just perfect. You had more guts than me my first Layout I tried was one pic and 6x6 lol....

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of scrapbooking - it's a fantastic start. I think it looks great and not too fussy at all. Look forward to seeing more layouts from you. x

Annie said...

Bravo Wynneth! I have been starting my family tree scrapbook for the past 5 years - I've gotten as far as buying the album .. ..!!
hugs, annie x