Tuesday 29 October 2013

I 'Mustache' you to have a Fabulous Birthday

Yesterday was the 60th birthday of a friend and the project I'm sharing with you today is the birthday card I made for him.

 
 
I first created a background using Distress Inks, I then stamped a number of different images using the same DI's to make a subtly patterned background.  Finally  stamping the telephone image from a set of stamps by Recollections (brand name of stamps from Michaels Craft Stores in the USA) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 
 
The free stamps with the latest Craft Stamper Magazine are these fabby spectacles and mustache which were perfect for my design stamped using the Tuxedo Black ink.  I cut the numbers from a scrap of black cardstock using a set of Memory Box dies.
 
I matted the image layer over some pieces of SU! cardstock in Crumbcake and Black.
 
Here's a pic of the inside of the card, I carried the design through from the front and created a sentiment using the mustache image and letters cut from black card using Memory Box alphabet dies.  The cute little froggy cocktail image is a stamp from Sparkle and Sprinkle, I also stamped him on the outside of the envelope.
 


I hope our pal liked his card, he's on vacation in Florida as part of his birthday celebrations so I'm sure he's had a great day.

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's smashing. He's bound to love it Wynneth. I wondered what you were going to do with those fab moustaches :oD

Lx

Kathyk said...

LOVING the use of the Craft Stamper freebies AND of MAX the frog too - fab card and your pal should love it

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Love your play on words for this card - a great card and I hope he had a wonderful birthday. Love that cute little frog too.