Recently I joined a Mail Art Swap with some lovely online crafting pals. I thought I'd share the ones I made with you today as I'm pretty sure all of them will have been delivered by now.
I decided on a different colour for each of the envelopes, selecting the colour I thought each of my pals would like.
Here's a pic of the fronts of the envelopes
I used Distress Inks to colour white envelopes, selecting a light, medium and dark from each colour family. Using a number of different stamps from Kaisercraft, Visible Image and Inkyliscious and the darkest DI in each colour family, I overstamped randomly on front and back of the envelopes. The feather image and sentiment were stamped using black Archival Ink.
Here's a view of the backs
All of the designs were similar, but not exactly the same on each envelope.
I masked an area on the front whilst adding the DI's to ensure the address would be easy to read.
Finally, I sprayed two coats of Crafters' Companion Spray and Shine over both front and back to seal the inks and give the envelopes a little more 'body'. DI's are water-based and if not sealed the colour lifts off with water so, bearing in mind our recent weather, I didn't want my Mail Art to arrive at it's destination as plain white envelopes with all the colour washed off !
I hope my pals liked their Mail Art and that I selected the right colour for each of them.
Thanks for dropping by to check out today's project, hope you enjoyed your visit.