Good morning Dear Bloggers, I'd like to wish our pal Steve K a Very Happy Birthday today, it's a 'Special' one this year - have a fun filled day and a great celebration Steve.
The project I'm sharing with you today is a new baby congratulations card, made for friends who have just become parents for the first time. Their sweet baby girl was born a few days ago.
I decided on a CAS style card keeping to white with a touch of pink. It's a 5 x 5 base card and I embossed the smaller white layer with an embossing folder.
The cute image is a stamp by Little Claires, lovely quick and easy to colour and works well for a boy or girl. I coloured the image using Copics before cutting out with an oval nestie. I then added this over a slightly larger pink layer cut using a scalloped oval nestie die.
The two sentiments are by Stampin' Up! and were stamped onto a scrap of the pink card using SU! Cherry Cobbler ink. I don't have the dies to match these sentiments, but was able to cut them out using scissors quite easily. I added another of the congratulations banner to the inside of the card.
I hope our friends like the card, I'm also making a cosy quilt for the baby using soft and snuggly flannel fabric. It's not quite finished yet, but as soon as it's completed I'll share pix.
Thanks for dropping by to check today's project, before you go I have one more thing to share with you. You may be aware that I'm undertaking a major reorganisation of my craft room, trying to ruthlessly sort out all the stash items which I've either outgrown - due to change of style - or will never ever use. Some of these I plan to sell - particularly stamps and punches that I won't use again - and the rest will go to a local church crafting group.
As part of my stash reorganisation, I've found a great new way to store and manage my Distress Inks (with thanks to the ladies at the recent workshop I attended at Scrapbook Magic in Mullion who shared their storage idea with me)
I purchased these 'Really Useful Box Company' boxes at our local 'The Range' store and they fit the DI pads perfectly. I printed off all the ink names on my computer and cut them out as labels. Before sticking the labels to the edges of the pads, I coloured the end of each one with the ink so I know at a glance what each colour looks like.
Rather than putting all the ink pads into one large box - which would be heavy to lug around - I decided on these boxes which hold sixteen pads in each one, arranged in piles of four. Much lighter to carry around if I want only a few colours - I've grouped them into colour families for ease of use to.
That's all, have a great day !