Well, it's actually been a long while since my last post on here. I'd like to thank all you lovely people who have continued to visit and check out my older posts while I've been 'away'. Truth is I've not had very good health since last Christmas and that has taken a toll on my crafting, feeling so ill hasn't helped on the inspiration front. Good news is that I'm at last starting to feel a little better and have been doing a little crafting in the past few days. I have actually been doing some sewing and knitting and I'll share pix of my projects in future posts.
For today's post I selected this project to share with you
I decided on this project for a number of reasons, I created it in the last couple of days; I've used a new to me technique using Bleeding Art Tissue - inspired by the amazing work of Eileen Godwin (if you haven't seen her work or follow her Blog you really should !) Eileen has produced a YouTube vid demonstrating a way to use the Bleeding Art Tissue. Also, for my great crafting pal Kathy who was wanting to see the BA tissue at work !
I've created a number of backgrounds using the tissue on Crafters Companion water colour card, which is a nice weight. For this card I punched out some circle and flower shapes using SU! punches. I loved the effect I achieved by laying the tissue pieces on the card, adding water with a brush and leaving for a few minutes. After removing the tissue I spritzed with water to encourage some of the colours to spread - a great tip from Eileen is leave to dry naturally as using a heat gun takes away some of the vibrancy of the colours.
To turn this background into a card I added a focal point using my Glitzcraft Bird of Paradise stencil and Archival Black ink. I then stamped the KaiserKraft 'Arty' stamp at the bottom using Adirondack Wild Plum ink and then randomly splattered the whole panel using Dylusions Ink in black and white . Finally I matted the panel over a layer created from two colours of SU! cardstock before attaching to the base card.
Using the JOFY 11 set of stamps I created the sentiment, stamped directly onto the 6 x 6 base card with black Archival ink.
I hoped you've enjoyed today's project, it is nice to be back in the 'crafty zone' I have to say.... watch this space for more projects in the coming days.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day wherever you are and whatever you have planned for today.