Saturday 11 July 2015

Under a Tall Tree I Will Lie.....

Happy Saturday dear friends, I can't believe it's the weekend again already where did last week go eh ?  I guess I must have been having fun and didn't notice it passing.

Well I have had fun playing with Brushos I have to say.  I've a couple of cards to share with you today on which I used these fabulous little pots of magical colour, same stamp, same water colour card and same Brusho colours, but a different final look I think you'll agree.

Here's the first one, don't you think the sky looks brooding and stormy on this one ?  I think so anyway like there's a storm brewing with winds whipping up the clouds.



and here's the other one, I think the sky looks much brighter and fresher, as if there are little fluffy clouds drifting by.

I stamped the tree image and sentiment onto the water colour card then spritzed the card liberally with clean water.  I then tapped a few Brusho crystals into the water, different colours on different areas of the card, to create the scene and just left them to develop and dry naturally.  I just love how so many different colours burst out of each one when it hits the water.  I think these are great words from JRR Tolkein.

I'm still in the early experimental days using Brusho's and will continue to play around with them, getting used to how they work and hopefully feeling more confident in using them. 

Finally I layered the water colour panel over black cardstock to make it pop before attaching to the base card.

Here's the list of supplies used:

* Tall Tree and sentiment stamps from a set by Rubber Stamps for the Creative Journey
* Water colour card
* Black card for layering
* Brushos
* Black Archival Ink
* C6 card blanks

I hope you've enjoyed today's cards, thanks for calling in to see my latest makes.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Beautiful cards, I just love that effect.
I saw them as BIG poppies at first glance, either way they are stunning.
Patricia x

Kathyk said...

Smashing missus .... M'off to a brushos workshop this morning myself!

Have a great weekend

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Aren't they fabulous! The Brusho's are just perfect aren't they. Lx

Joyce said...

Two gorgeous cards. I love the effect of those Brushos.

BożenA said...

Brusho unusual effect. I love it. The colors and the way they the mixer is wonderful.
The card is beautifully composed.
Regards,
BozenA