Monday 17 August 2015

Using Fabric Scraps

Hi there dear readers and welcome to a new week with Stamping Grandma.  I don't know about you but I'm hoping for better weather this week !  At least it's started in a blaze of sunshine this morning, but there is quite a chill and autumnal feel in the mornings now.  Sadly it feels as if Summer (if you can call it that in the UK this year !) is drawing to a close.

As I promised in yesterday's post, today I'm sharing a card made using a scrap of the fabric I designed and used to create the journal cover I shared in yesterday's post.

 
 
Using my sewing machine (and an old needle I keep especially for stitching on card and paper) I stitched the fabric scrap to a piece of SU! cardstock.  I stitched with a straight stitch around the edges with black thread, going round three times.  I then used one of my machine's built-in fancy stitches to stitch a decorative line down the righthand side.
 
I then attached the fabric topper to a C6 scalloped card and stamped the sentiment using one of the stamps from the SU! Sassy Salutations stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  Finally I added touches of bright pink Stickles just to add a little bling.
 
That's it, simple but effective I think and I have more leftover scraps to use on other projects.
 
Thanks for dropping by to check today's project, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Looks great Wynneth, lovely colours and a fab design

Kathyk

Debs M said...

looks fabulous! x