Monday 5 July 2010

The Guardian


Hi there, so nice to have you drop by today, if you wondered where the QKD monday blog hop had gone to yesterday, let me tell you that there are fantastic changes going on in the Castle!  The Queen has decided to pull the whole DT together for one big and fabulous hop each week and these will take place on tuesdays from now on.   As always, the hops begin on the QKD blog so if you'd like to hop along this week just start here and follow the links.

I wanted to use some nice bold colours, which I thought would work well with the layout, so decided on an Orange, Blue and Black combination. These luscious background papers were in my stash and are from the Taj Mahal collection by DCWV and absolutely perfect for my project today.

As there are so many new and exciting things going on in the Castle right now - there are no new stamp releases this month, so we are pulling out some of our favourite stamps which have been around for a while. My choice is The Guardian Mermaid - I just love that Grecian style pillar in the background and her feline companion sitting with her in the garden. She's coloured in shades of blue and orange with Copics and Promarkers and with touches of Spica Glitter pen added here and there, particularly on her lovely beads.

I love the contrast of the bright orange ribbon against the blue background and the scalloped edge finishes off the blue layer nicely - the edge was punched with the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. Did you spot the new element on this card? The Queen has just introduced Happy Stixx to her stash of goodies in the Castle, these are small lolly sticks with sentiments etched into them - such a great idea! I distressed the Happy Birthday Stixx with 'stormy skies' TH distress ink and I was really happy with the result. To finish off I punched out some fronds with a Martha Stewart punch from the black card and added these and some black flat back beads to the end of the Stixx - I think these fronds look a lot like seaweed and are perfect to use with the wonderful WIS Mermaids.

Thanks so much for dropping by today, hope you enjoyed your visit.  Do come back again soon, I love to see you :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

That colour combo is GORGEOUS Wynneth, lovely card, as always

Kathyk

Annie said...

she is a beauty Wynneth and so striking in those contrasting colours. I went all mermaidy today too - but rather more subdued!
hugs, annie x