Monday 19 July 2010

Red, White and Blue Thank You!


Happy Tuesday morning to you, I hope you have a nice day planned !   As it's Tuesday it's time for this week's Queen Kat Designs Blog Hop.   If you'd like to join in with the Hop you should start here so you don't miss the fabulousness that's on show today - all of it created by the very talented members of the Design Team to share with you.

This week we were asked to use the colour combo Red, White and Blue on our projects. If you hopped with us last week you will know that one of my fav shapes at the moment is the star, I couldn't help myself again this week as this colour combo just makes me think of stars - red, white and blue, stars and stripes - you get the picture!!

Rather than using one of the gorgeous Mermaid stamps I love to work with, I decided to take one element from the June WIS kit and use this as my main image. The June kit included this delightful cupcake stamp which I stamped up three times and coloured with Promarkers before cutting out and adding to stars cut with a set of nestabilities dies. The stripes were formed by using a Martha Stewart border punch and layering the different coloured card. I used one of the new Happy Stixx that the Queen is now stocking in the Store and this 'Thank You' sentiment just seemed to fit my card perfectly. Before attaching the star to the top, I wrapped some red raffia that I had in my stash around the stick and tied it in a bow.

That's it from me, I hope you've enjoyed viewing today's project, do come back soon I love sharing my projects with you !
hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super card and those cup cakes are the perfect middle for your stars

Kathy

Annie said...

missed this one too! fabulous card, love the cupcakes and the stars!
hugs, annie x