Thursday 23 August 2012

Bling it up

Happy Thursday dear visitor, hope it's a good one for you.  Each Thursday there's a new challenge set over on Cute Card Thursday and this week's theme is 'Bling it up'.  Our prize sponsor is Stamp Fairy and I've used the cute 'Molly Beach 2' digi from them for my DT card, isn't she a sweetie?

Bling and sparkle doesn't immediately come to mind for a beachy image, but I added charms on the ends of the bakers' twine wrapped around the 'lilo' on the right and also applied Stickles over it as well as on the piece of mesh under the image layer for additional sparkle.  There's also some Stickles on the flower and Glossy Accents on the beach ball to give it dimension and shine, plus touches on the water to make it look wet. 

I coloured Molly with Copics, don't you love her pretty green swimsuit and headband ?   The tiny hearts were from a sheet of self adhesive embellies I've had in my stash for a while and provide a few splashes of bright colour.  The base background papers were from the Papermania 'Happy Days' double sided 12x12 paper pack.  I'm loving these papers and the yummy icecream/retro colours and designs.  All sheets are double sided and it's hard to choose which side to display !

Hoping our theme this week inspires you to enter a project, thanks for visiting my blog today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous and the lilo is fantastic and finishes this card off perfectly.

Your new goodies have arrived and I will pass them onto our mutual friend this evening for you x