Wednesday 1 August 2012

Cute but CAS


Happy Thursday Peeps !  It's that time of the week again when I have my latest DT project for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge to share with you.  This week our theme is CAS (Clean and Simple) and our prize sponsor is 'Love to Stamp'.

I do love the CAS style, so this week's theme wasn't going to be a problem for me - I thought !  I decided to use some magazine freebie stamps I got recently and still feeling in the 'holiday mood', thought I'd create a beach scene. 

After stamping the beach hut on my background, I added the seagull just about to land on the roof, then stamped the deckchairs and fun standing seaguls on separate card.  I coloured all the images with my Copics then cut out the birds and chairs and added them over the background using Pinflair Glue to give some dimension.  The image layer was matted over a slightly larger piece of SU! card to pick out the blue colours and make the design pop.  I think that I possibly coloured the sky with too subtle colours as it doesn't really show up in the pic, but I wanted to just 'suggest' the sky and sand rather than colour them more boldly.

So far, so good.  I found it soooo.. difficult not to add more embellishments to the design and keep it CAS.  I tried adding a couple of shells but it was just getting far too busy and not CAS at all.  So, I just stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner and popped on the second fun seagull so it looks as if he's standing on the 'Happy'.  Just a little Glossy Accents on the door hinges and the birds' beaks and feet and I decided my card was finished.

Hope you like it and that you'll be tempted to enter the challenge this week on CCT.  Thanks for dropping by to my Bloggie today.

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Very cute - love those seagulls!

Kathyk

Debs M said...

love this...i do love beach huts! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I've got a thing about beach huts too. What IS it about them? This is just great Wynneth. Love those seagulls too. Lx

Janice said...

A brilliant card & I so love the stamp Wynneth - which magazine or who is the stamp by please, I live by the coast & I so want that image!!! Jx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I love CAS cards. This is wonderful. Nice coloring too.