Wednesday 7 November 2012

A sketch this week....

.... is what we have for our Cute Card Thursday challenge.  It's a simple sketch with loads of scope to interpret however you wish.   Our prize sponsor this week is Whiff of Joy. 

Here's my interpretation of the sketch for my DT card.



I kept my design really simple, based on this week's sketch (you can see the sketch layout if you look carefully !) with just three elements.  I bought this lovely festive black and white cardstock during my recent trip to Birds in the Barn and used it to create the base card.  With such a great text design I didn't want to cover up too much of it. 

Using a Memory Box die I cut out the swirl from silver cardstock and attached it slighty left of centre.  The cute Candy Cane is from a set of stamps by Recollections (Michaels Craft Stores' own brand) which I stamped up using Memento Tuxedo Black ink then coloured using my Copics.




 





It's a lovely chunky Candy Cane and a joy to colour, I love how the red and green 'pop' against the black and white background.  I added a little Stardust Stickles over the pretty bow to give it some sparkle.









The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and I stamped it with 'Festive Berries' Distress Ink (this was one of the Winter 2011 special edition DI inks) then added tiny touches of Stickles on the holly in the top righthand corner.  I attached it using PinFlair glue to give it a little dimension. 

There are other great stamps in this Recollections set and I think I'll use this design with the other images to create more Christmas cards.... watch this space.... !

I hope you've enjoyed today's project, do pop over to the CCT blog and check out the amazing creations by my fellow Design Team Members - they're an awesomely talented group of crafters. 

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Another smashing Chrimbo card and how I love that candy cane too.

Happy Thursday - we'll miss you today matey but will endeavour to shop for you too!

Kathyk

Annie said...

very stricking card Wynneth and lovin' that swirl behind the candy cane.
hugs, annie x

Lilian said...

great card Wynneth. So pretty Hugs
lilian

Emily Keaton said...

This is really cute! I just love your coloring on that sweet candy cane. Delightful card!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I'm always in awe of your colouring Wynneth, this candy cane sure looks good enough to eat!
Katie x