Wednesday 21 November 2012

Girls Only

 
Happy Thursday !  It's time for a new challenge on Cute Card Thursday.  This week our theme is 'Girls Only' and our prize sponsor is Heather's Hobby Heaven.

For my DT card this week I've chosen to use a couple of sets of stamps by Dylusions. I've had them for a while but had only inked up the girl, her wings and one of the hats from one set and the other set hadn't seen ink at all.  So, I thought it was about time to get them out to play.  I do love pretty/cute images but occasionally it's nice to leap off in a different direction. 

My design is sort of journal/arty style and I always think of a pink /brown colour combo as girly so it was a great combination.  I used a sheet of double sided paper by Stampin'Up as the pink side was not too 'busy' and the other side was a perfect match for adding a contrasting panel.  I do like how the contrast between the floral paper and geometric shapes has worked out too.

I've used a number of techniques in my design, paper piecing (her Funky boots); stamping on to plain cardstock and colouring with Copics; stamping on to patterned paper and plain coloured cardstock and cutting out the shapes; and finally diecutting.  I used a Marianne's woven heart die to cut two halves of the heart from the patterned paper and wove them together showing the contrast of the two sides.

To finish off I added pink Stickles around the edges of the heart, on the bobbles on her collar and the dots on the 'dragon tails' (well that's what I call them anyway) bottom right.  Well, a girl has to have sparkle and glitter after all !

Do pop by the CCT blog and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT.  Thanks for stopping by here today to check out my project, hope you like it.

3 comments:

Annie said...

just a little bit wierd! but so pretty too! lovely to see you weaving and I do love those SU! papers.
hugs, annie x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love this style, I've always admired it and you've deffinately rocked it. Very inspirational.
Katie x

Craftyrose said...

Wowzers! What a different project! It's fab!