Wednesday 18 December 2013

A Herd of Reindeer

Good Morning Peeps !  I hope you are well and having a good day.

Today the project I'm sharing is the last batch make of Christmas cards for this year. 

 
 
This is just a small batch (5) of cards I made using a set of stamps and matching dies from Clearly Besotted.  I just love the fun images in this stamp set, there are so many different ways to use them with all the decorative options.  There are dies to match all the shapes, although the stamps can be used by themselves too.
 
Firstly I diecut the reindeer shape from white cardstock using my Big Shot, then stamped the reindeer image using Memento Rich Cocoa ink onto the shape.  I could have diecut the noses then stamped them with red and glued them on, but decided to just stamp them with red ink straight onto the already stamped reindeer image - this keeps the cards almost flat for mailing.  As the stamps are clear, it is really easy to line them up correctly for stamping onto the diecut shapes. 
 
I then attached the reindeer over a layer of red, and slightly larger white layer,  before attaching to the kraft coloured base cards. 
 
The sentiment was stamped using a set of Penny Black banner stamps (which I Lurve) using  SU! Raspberry Ripple ink. 
 
Once again, a nice clean and simple design and using my current favourite colour combo of kraft, red and white.
 
Thanks for visiting today, have a great day.  

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Love your cheeky reindeer batch Wynneth, such a fun finished card

Happy WOYWDW

Kathyk