Tuesday 17 December 2013

With Love at Christmas

Good morning dear Bloggers.  Today I shall be finishing off the gift wrapping and writing my list for the last minute food shopping, which I'll need to do at the start of next week.  Not a lot of crafting time for me right now, but I have a few projects created over the past couple of weeks which I'll share with you in the coming days.  I warn you in advance that if you are in a state of  'Christmas card overload' my next few posts will probably make you groan !

Anyhoo, that said here's today's project


For this card I created the wreath using a Martha Stewart frond punch, punching out loads from two different colours of green cardstock. (whilst punching out the fronds, my MS punch broke into pieces - oh no !  it's one of my favourites and 'go to' punch for many uses.  I had to get online immediately to find a replacement, which luckily I did via Ebay although the seller was in the US.  It arrived very quickly which was fantastic). 

I seem to be having a few 'disasters' with my crafting tools at the moment, managed to cut through my Splodge Mat last week at the workshop, and now  'exploding' my favourite punch !   Hopefully I won't destroy anything else - for a while at least !

As a base for the wreath I cut a scalloped circle using a nestie and a scrap of light greet card which had sparkly dots all over (if you look closely you can just see some of the dots).  I then glued each of the separate fronds around the edge, ensuring I kept to a circular shape, to create the wreath effect.  I worked round three times adding layers of fronds applying glue to just the bottom tip of each frond for the top two layers to create depth and dimension.

I added a bow at the top, tied using a small length of narrow ribbon.  The sentiment in the centre was stamped using a Little Claire's stamp and SU! Raspberry Ripple ink, the 'heart' shape in the centre coloured using a gold Wink of Stella pen.  Using Frosted Lace Stickles I then added a snow effect to the top layer of fronds.

Finally, I attached the wreath layer to the base card, which had been covered with a piece of red and white striped paper. 

This is a very simple design, but I was pleased with the finished result.  As it's the card I made to give to my Hubby, it's not too 'fancy' or 'fussy' as he's not a fan of overly embellished cards.  He loved it, so that was a great result in my book !

Thanks for taking the time to check out my project today.  Have a great day. 

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it was so worth it - you have FAR more patience than me!!! Looks great Wynneth - good luck with the rest of your preparations and I hope no more of your craft toys come to a sticky end!!!

Kathyk

Patricia said...

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, I love it.
I have used my Martha Stewart punch so much for doing smaller wreaths. It is a wonderful punch.
Have a great day

Patricia xx