Wednesday 15 January 2014

A Couple of Thank Yous

Happy Wednesday Folks, got anything exciting on your Agendas for today ?  My Craftroom sort out continues, slowly but surely and I do plan to fit in a little crafting during the day in between the necessary chores that have to be done - as a reward for finishing the things I don't really want to spend my time on ! 

This evening I shall be creating a Christmas card during my regular weekly get together with crafting pals - we've decided to try and make at least one card each time we meet and are taking it in turns to choose a theme/set of stamps/materials for us all to use, so it should be fun to see how different everyone's card turns out. 

The project I'm sharing with you today is a couple of Thank You cards I made recently.  They are a very similar design to the Starburst Birthday card I shared a couple of days ago.

 
 
Both were created in the same way, various inks brushed onto the centre of the base card using Inkyliscious brushes, then the star image from the set of  Creative Expressions Urban Beats stamp set stamped over the top with the darkest ink. 

For the purple version I used Distress Inks in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concorde and Ripe Persimmon and for the green card Stampin' Up! inks in Pistachio Pudding and Pear Pizzazz.

I used the Joanna Sheen Starburst die and silver mirror card for the purple version and gold for the green one, to cut out the starburst topper. 

A simple design but I was very pleased with how it turned out, hence using it for a small batch of cards.

Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed today's project.

5 comments:

Lilian said...

They are both great Wynneth, I do love the colour of the first one though, Hugs
lilian

Kathyk said...

And I can vouch that the purple one looks even lusher in real life matey - thank you so much

Happy WOYWDW

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

...and there I was about to say the same about mine Kathy :oD. Thanks Wynneth. Lx

Annie said...

they are fab! as is the birthday card too. are you going to Westpoint craft fair at the end of the month? if so which day - I am hoping to venture out on my own .. ..
hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

Love the splash of colour on these cards. Looking forward to our Christmas card challenge this evening.