Today I'm sharing pix of my latest finished quilted cushion. I'd finished the patchwork front some time ago but was looking for the right fabric for the back, which I found at my local fabric store just after Christmas during a shopping trip with crafting pals.
.. and here's the fabric I used for the back of the cushion
The cushion front was constructed by stitching together 2.5 x 2.5 inch squares which I'd cut from a charm pack I had in my stash. I know it was fabric by the Manufacturer Moda but I'm not exactly sure which of their ranges it was from (I'll update this post if I find the details later). The fabric used for the back is also a fabric by Moda and is from their French General range.
After stitching all the squares together I machine quilted the front panel by 'stitching in the ditch' - sewing the quilting stitch in contrasting thread along the seams - with a layer of batting/wadding behind the top layer and a further layer of calico at the very back. The quilting was stitched through all three layers.
That's one more cushion to add to my pile of new home décor items, made in readiness for when we've finished decorating the lounge.