Thursday 16 January 2014

Warm It Up !

It's Thursday so we have a new challenge starting over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.  This week our theme is 'Warm it up' - interpret it as you will.  The prize sponsor for this week's challenge is Whimsy Stamps.

I pondered over this theme for a while, sat and thought about it and reached for a nice warming cup of coffee to help me think - perfect !  What do we all reach for when we feel the need to be warmed up a little ?  A nice cuppa, either tea, coffee or hot chocolate works for many people I think, there's something so comforting about having a nice hot drink. 

 
I used stamps from a set by Fiskars - the cup, steam, coffee beans and sentiment to stamp the main design and coloured using my Copics.   This scrap of background paper covered by cups and teapots was sitting in my stash and I thought it would work well as part of my design. 
 
Using a base card made from a piece of kraft coloured card, I attached the background paper, which I had first distressed a little round the edges using Old Paper Distress Ink.  I applied the same DI to the image layer and the sentiment layer before attaching to slightly larger scraps of pink cardstock.  After attaching the background paper I used a fab 'coffee stain' stamp from Queen Kat Stamps and Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp the 'stains' in the right hand corners. 
 
Finally I applied some clear Wink of Stella pen all over the cup, lid and steam for a hint of twinkle, then Glossy Accents over the cup sleeve and coffee beans to give them dimension. 
 
I can't wait to see how you interpret this theme in your creations, don't forget to visit the CCT Blog to enter your project and check out the fabulous makes from the rest of the DT.  

Hope you enjoyed your visit here today and that you'll be back real soon !

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Good morning Wynneth, another stunning card, I love it.
Hot Chocolate for me please.
I really like the modern container makes a great card for a younger person.
Beautiful design
Have a great day

Patricia xx

Kathyk said...

This dank weather I can think of nothing better than a nice (twinkly) steaming hot cup of hot choc or coffee - your card is spot on with the idea. You know? I THINK I have this set lurking somewhere too!

Happy Thursday

Kathyk