Wednesday 3 June 2015

Lavinia in 'Any Colours You Like'

Welcome to Wednesday friends.  I had planned to share a pic of my work desk for WOYWDW today but unfortunately my work desk has disappeared under a pile of tool boxes and electric drills etc - the Hubbs is attempting some DiY !  Best get my hard hat and earplugs ready methinks LOL

Maybe next week I'll be sharing a pic or two of my work space, providing the DiY is all finished of course.

So, for today's project I'm sharing a pic of the card I've created to enter into the June challenge over on the Lavinia Challenge Blog.  This month the theme is 'Any Colours You Like'
but must only contain Lavinia stamps and/or dies. 

Once again I've featured my favourite Zen Butterfly stamp, this time using a delish blue/yellow combo which I love
 
Here's a list of materials used

* 5 x 5 base card
* Stampin'Up! inks - Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Coastal  Cabana
* Lavinia Zen Butterfly, sentiment and tiny fairies (magazine freebie) stamps
* Lavinia Glitter
* Clear Wink of Stella pen (fairy wings)
* Crafters' Companion Spray n Shine to make the background inks waterproof
* Crafters' Companion watercolour card

I applied the SU! inks using cut n dry foam and a dry paintbrush to add colour to the butterfly.

I love how the blue 'pops' against the yellow background on this card.

Thanks for dropping by to check today's project, I hope you like it.  Wish me luck in the Lavinia Challenge for June !

11 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant card, love the fairies, and that wonderful Butterfly.
Great colours and design
Have good day
Patricia x

Mindful craft said...

Hi Wynneth,
Hope the DIY is soon complete, it causes such chaos doesn't it, necessary but worth it hopefully.
Love your creation and a great choice of colour combo, you're right the fairy does "pop"
Super to see this in the Lavinia stamps challenge.
Thanks so much for entering, good luck
Karen (DT) Crafty Hugs xxxx

Kathyk said...

FABBYLISCIOUS fairies missus.

That DIY must SURELY be nearly done Mr Tom!

Happy WOYWDW

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's beautiful. Wow! That butterfly....!!! Lx

Debs M said...

this is fabulous and I love the text stamp! x

Hellen Pearce said...

Ooh that's lovely Wynneth, love the colours and design - thank you for sharing in the Lavinia challenge and good luck in the draw. Hellen DT

catherine said...

Looks fabulous Wynneth and love the wording stamp. Hope everything is going to plan in the DIY department
x catherine

Barbara said...

Oooooooo, I really like this....it's moody, dramatic and that Zen butterfly is still my all-time most favourite butterfly stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps this month.
Barbara xx

Unknown said...

How dramatic is this..... Good Luck in the Lavinia Challenge and thanks for entering..... Marianne DT xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp combo and the colours. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Linda Handford said...

Love your card, really pretty.