Friday, 16 October 2009
More Halloween Creations
I thought I'd continue in the Halloween theme and share a couple more cards I made recently for friends. This cute witchy tilda was a recent acquisition and I think she is soo... cute :0) I coloured her with my ProMarkers, then brushed on a little pink glitter glue on the hem of her dress and her wings. I then matted her on to a piece of core-dinations card embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder in my Cuttlebug and sanded down a little to reveal the spots in the core colour. The BP was from my stash and the pumpkins stamp is from the Whiff of Joy Autumn Kit, again coloured with ProMarkers then a little diamond glaze added. The large purple flowers are by Prima and I put them through the Cuttlebug in the swiss dots embossing folder, added smaller silk flowers to both, a white rosebud to the top one, all from my stash. I attached the cute toadstool charm to the lower flower with a silver coloured brad, added some fronds cut from black card with my Martha Stewart punch. I used my new EK Success border punch down the righthand side of the black layer, the multi-sized holes allow the BP to show through to give an interesting effect. I continued the theme on the inside of the card (second picture) with another piece of the BP, once again adding one of the purple flowers with a small flower punched from a scrap of orange paper in the centre and more black fronds. I added a piece of white card on which to write the greeting, cut out with a nestabilities die and matted this onto a piece of purple card cut with the slightly larger nestie. The third picture is a little folder I made ready to put in some stamped images to send to a crafty friend. This also fitted the requirements for one of the Let's Get Stamping weekly sketchie challenge over on Craftbubble, where there was a sketch to follow with the added twist of having to include some paper weaving. For this folder I used one of my 'precious' hAnglar & stAnglar images sent to me by a great crafting pal. I coloured her with ProMarkers, cut her out and layered her up on top of the paper-weaved circle, which was cut with a circular nestie, both matted on to a square of black card. I added more of these lovely pumpkins from the WoJ Autumn kit to finish off the layout.