Wednesday 28 October 2009

Hugs for Dad


I wanted to share this card with you as I made it for my Dad. As I live so far away from him, I wanted to send him lots of hugs and let him know I am thinking of him at this difficult time for our family. It will be a year since Mom passed away on 31st of October. This little Popcorn Bear stamp was a free gift with purchase from Crafters' Companion recently, and I felt he was just the right image for this card. I used the sketch from the Let's Get Stamping challenge over on Craftbubble this week. I chose these colours as they are subdued but not morbid and it felt right to use them. The image was coloured with ProMarkers, cut out with a circle nestabilities die, then mounted on to a layer of metallic purple card cut with a petite scallop circle nestie die. The background papers are from my stash and I punched the small flowers from a scrap of purple card. I hope you've enjoyed looking at this card and it would be lovely if you could leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Wynneth you made a beautiful card for your Dad and I'm sure he will love it. I'm better today but still seeing how things go and I'm undecided about Saturday. I'll ring you this evening and chat about it.
hugs, annie x