Sunday 11 October 2009

Monochrome Sketchie Challenge

This is my entry for this week's Let's Get Stamping sketchie challenge over on Craftbubble, with not only a sketch to follow but also with the added twist of creating something in monochrome with just a little added colour. The image is a stamp from Sugar Nellie called Demure. The DP on the first layer is from a 6"x6" Papermania black and white Inspirations paper pad. I coloured the image with ProMarkers in various shades of grey with just a touch of red on her belt, flowers and the bow in her hair. I then cut the image out using a deckle edge rectangle nestabilities die with my Cuttlebug. I layered this up on to a piece of mat patterned silver card. I also cut a scalloped circle from red mirror card and over this I added a plain circle of grey/black DP from the same Papermania pad, both using nestabilities dies. For the tag element of the sketch I cut out a small piece of black card which I embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder then trimmed into a tag shape. The sentiment was one I had ready stamped in my stash and I cut the small red flower from more of the red mirror card using my small flower punch, added just to tie in with the touch of red theme. The sentiment was layered up using foam pads.

4 comments:

Danni said...

This is so nice! Your coloring is wonderful! Great card!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Just gorgeous!!!!! I love this image too :)

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. Fab coloring..
Hugs, Linda

Annie said...

stunning! love the touch of red to lift the grey and an adorable image. Are we getting together this afternoon? I'll ring you later to find out.
hugs, annie x