Monday 23 May 2011

Aulora in a different guise.....


Helllooooo.... it's tuesday again - don't they come round fast - that means I'm showcasing my project on the Queen Kat Designs Dark Ink Sorority Blog.   I also like to share these projects on here for my Followers and other visitors who may not visit the DIS blog.

I hope you'll forgive me, but I just had to bring the lovely Aulora out to play once again.  This time round, I stamped Aulora on to kraft card - I've been experimenting a little lately with stamping and colouring on different colours of card. She was stamped with Memento ink in Rich Cocoa and coloured with Copics.

Here's a closer view of the image which shows it more clearly. Colouring on kraft cardstock gives much softer shading, which I really like. I added touches of Spica Glitter Pen on her gems, wings and the lacing on her bodice.

The flowers were created using various sizes of Martha Stewart Hydrangea punches and layered up, the fronds were cut with another MS punch. I added a teeny tiny pearl in the centre of each flower and some slightly larger pearls in the corners of the top layer.

The base card is a 5x7 and I covered the front and inside with papers by Papermania. The scalloped border layer was cut from the same kraft card and edged with an EK Success punch and a length of brown ribbon tied around.

I used three larger pearls inside for the 'stop' to hold the easel front and more small flowers punched with the MS Hydrangea punch to decorate the inside.

That's it from me today, enjoy your tuesday, I'll be back with a new project tomorrow if you'd care to stop by again.

4 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous effect on kraft, looks fabulous x

Kathyk said...

Simply gorgeous and your colouring is stupendous

Kathyk

Kathyk said...

hope you don't mind - just stopping by to see if blogger/my google account's working!

Kathyk

Annie said...

an interesting baroque style on this creation Wynneth, and a delicious peach and chocolate combo!
hugs, annie x